The 3-crank patient trolley is a wheeled medical bed or stretcher equipped with three cranks, allowing for adjustable height, backrest, and knee elevation. It is typically made of sturdy materials such as steel and has a mattress or cushioned surface for patient comfort.
- Three Crank Mechanism: The trolley has three cranks, each serving a specific function: one for adjusting the height of the trolley, one for raising or lowering the backrest, and the other for elevating or lowering the knee section.
- Wheeled Base: The trolley is mounted on wheels, making it easy to move and transport patients within healthcare facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, or nursing homes.
- Lockable Wheels: Many trolleys have lockable wheels to keep the trolley stable and secure when stationary, preventing unwanted movement during patient transfers.
- Durable Construction: The trolley is constructed with durable materials, ensuring it can withstand the demands of daily medical use and support the weight of patients.
- Side Rails: Some trolleys may have collapsible or detachable side rails to provide additional safety and support for patients during transportation.
- IV Pole Holder: A 3-crank patient trolley may come with an IV pole holder, allowing healthcare professionals to hang intravenous fluids for patients.
- Patient Transportation: The primary use of the 3-crank patient trolley is for transporting patients within medical facilities, such as moving them from one department to another or to and from surgery or imaging procedures.
- Patient Examination: The adjustable features of the trolley, such as height, backrest, and knee elevation, make it suitable for patient examination and procedures that require specific patient positioning.
- Post-Surgery Recovery: After surgery, patients may be transferred to the trolley for recovery and monitoring before they are ready to be moved to a regular hospital bed or discharged.
- Emergency Situations: In emergency departments, the patient trolley provides a stable platform for assessing and treating patients promptly.
- Patient Rest and Comfort: The cushioned surface and adjustable positions of the trolley contribute to patient comfort during their stay in the medical facility.
- Preventing Bedsores: Regularly adjusting the trolley’s backrest and knee elevation helps in preventing bedsores by changing pressure points and improving blood circulation for immobile or bedridden patients.