Key features and capabilities of a 5 Diff hematology analyzer include:
- Multi-Parameter Analysis: The 5 Diff hematology analyzer measures various blood parameters, including red blood cell (RBC) count, white blood cell (WBC) count, hemoglobin (Hb) concentration, hematocrit (HCT) level, platelet count, and differentials of five types of white blood cells: neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils.
- Laser Flow Cytometry: The analyzer utilizes advanced laser flow cytometry technology to count and differentiate the various blood cell types accurately. Laser beams are used to identify and measure the cells as they pass through the instrument’s flow cell.
- Automated Processing: The 5 Diff hematology analyzer is fully automated, reducing the need for manual sample preparation and decreasing the chances of human errors in the testing process.
- High Throughput: These analyzers can process a large number of samples per hour, making them suitable for high-volume clinical laboratories.
- Comprehensive Reports: The analyzer generates detailed and comprehensive reports, providing numeric results for each measured parameter and graphical representations of the white blood cell differentials.
- Flagging System: The 5 Diff hematology analyzer has a flagging system that alerts the operator to potential irregularities or abnormalities in the blood sample, ensuring that atypical results are reviewed and confirmed by a medical professional.
- Data Management: The instrument is equipped with data management software that stores and manages patient information, test results, and quality control data.
These 5 Diff hematology analyzers are essential tools in clinical laboratories for diagnosing and monitoring various medical conditions, such as infections, anemia, leukemia, and other blood disorders. They provide valuable insights into a patient’s overall health and help healthcare professionals make informed decisions regarding patient care and treatment.