Here’s a description of a typical commode seat with castors:
- Frame: The frame of the commode seat is usually made of durable, lightweight material such as aluminum or steel. It is designed to provide stability and support.
- Seat: The seat itself is designed to be comfortable and ergonomic. It may have a contoured shape and be padded for added comfort during extended periods of use.
- Castors: The commode seat is equipped with castors, which are small wheels attached to the bottom of the frame. These castors allow for easy movement and maneuverability, making it possible to transport the commode seat from one location to another without much effort.
- Brakes: To ensure safety and stability, the castors typically have brakes or locks that can be engaged to prevent the seat from rolling or moving when in use.
- Bucket or pan: Many commode seats with castors come with a removable bucket or pan located beneath the seat. This container is used to collect waste and can be easily removed for emptying and cleaning.
- Armrests: Some commode seats may include armrests on either side of the seat, providing additional support and stability when sitting down or standing up.
- Adjustable features: Depending on the specific model, commode seats with castors may offer adjustable features such as height adjustment, allowing the seat to be customized to the user’s needs and preferences.