The “Dental Compressor 130/6 1HP TQ 6 ltrs” is a dental air compressor that is designed to provide a continuous supply of compressed air for various dental instruments and equipment. The model number “130/6” likely refers to the compressor’s specifications, such as the pressure (130 PSI) and the tank capacity (6 liters). The “1HP” indicates the compressor’s horsepower, which influences its power and performance.
- Pressure: The compressor is capable of producing air at a pressure of 130 PSI (pounds per square inch), which is suitable for most dental applications.
- Motor Power: With a 1HP motor, the compressor can deliver sufficient airflow to operate dental handpieces and other devices efficiently.
- Tank Capacity: The 6-liter tank allows the compressor to store compressed air, reducing the need for the motor to continuously run, which can improve energy efficiency and reduce noise.
- Oil-Free: Many dental compressors are oil-free to ensure that the compressed air is clean and free from oil particles, making it safe for use in dental procedures.
Uses: Dental compressors serve various essential functions in dental settings, including:
- Powering Dental Handpieces: The compressor provides the high-pressure air required to operate dental handpieces, including high-speed and low-speed handpieces used for procedures like drilling, polishing, and restorative work.
- Air Spray and Dry Air: Compressed air is used for air spray, cleaning debris from the dental work area, and providing a dry air source for various tasks, such as drying teeth for bonding procedures.
- Air Scalers: Dental air compressors power air scalers used for removing plaque and tartar from teeth during dental cleanings.
- Air Syringes: Compressed air is utilized in dental air-water syringes, which are used for rinsing and drying the patient’s mouth during treatment.
- Air Abrasion: In certain cases, dental air compressors are used for air abrasion procedures, which are minimally invasive alternatives to drilling for removing early-stage tooth decay.