The dental set of tooth extracting forceps typically includes a variety of forceps designed for extracting different types of teeth. The forceps are made of high-quality stainless steel and have specially designed beaks that provide a secure grip on the tooth during the extraction process. The set may consist of forceps suitable for both adult and children’s teeth, as their dental anatomy and sizes differ.
- Variety of Sizes: The set includes forceps of various sizes and shapes to match the different types and positions of teeth in both adults and children.
- Comfortable Handles: The forceps have ergonomically designed handles that provide a comfortable grip for the dentist, enabling precise control during tooth extraction.
- Ratchets or Locks: Some forceps may have ratchets or locks to hold the beaks in place once the tooth is grasped, ensuring a stable grip during extraction.
- Child-Friendly Design: Pediatric forceps may have a child-friendly appearance or design to help ease anxiety in young patients during tooth extraction procedures.
Uses: The dental set of tooth extracting forceps is used in various dental scenarios:
- Tooth Extractions: The primary purpose of these forceps is to extract teeth that cannot be saved or need to be removed for various reasons, such as severe decay, infection, crowding, or trauma.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: These forceps are commonly used for the extraction of impacted or partially erupted wisdom teeth, which can cause pain and dental problems if not removed.
- Primary Teeth Removal: The pediatric forceps in the set are specifically designed for the extraction of primary (baby) teeth, which may need to be removed if they are causing issues or not falling out naturally.
- Surgical Extractions: In more complex cases, dental forceps are used in surgical extractions, where the tooth may require additional manipulation or sectioning before removal.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Tooth extraction forceps may be used during orthodontic treatments to remove specific teeth as part of the overall treatment plan for tooth alignment.