- Durable Construction: Hill-Rom patient transport stretchers are built with high-quality materials, such as steel or aluminum, to ensure durability and longevity.
- Ergonomic Design: The stretcher is designed with ergonomic features to provide comfort for both the patient and the caregiver during transport.
- Adjustable Backrest: The stretcher typically has an adjustable backrest that allows patients to be placed in a semi-reclined position for increased comfort during transportation.
- Brake System: The stretcher is equipped with a reliable brake system, allowing the caregiver to lock the wheels securely when the stretcher is stationary.
- Side Rails: Many models come with foldable side rails that can be raised to provide additional patient safety during transport and lowered for easy access to the patient.
- IV Pole and Accessory Mounting: Hill-Rom stretchers often have integrated IV pole mounts and accessory mounting points for securing medical equipment during transport.
- Mattress: The stretcher is fitted with a comfortable and easy-to-clean mattress to ensure patient comfort during transportation.
- Hydraulic or Electric Height Adjustment: Depending on the model, Hill-Rom stretchers may offer hydraulic or electric height adjustment, allowing for easy transfer to different medical equipment and surfaces.
- Integrated Scale (Optional): Some models may come with an integrated scale to weigh patients directly on the stretcher.
- Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg: Many Hill-Rom stretchers provide Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg positions, where the entire stretcher can be tilted to facilitate various medical procedures or patient comfort.
Hill-Rom Patient Transport Stretchers are used in various healthcare settings, including:
- Hospitals: In hospitals, the stretchers are used for patient transportation within different departments, such as from the emergency room to the operating room or to diagnostic areas.
- Ambulance Services: Patient transport stretchers are used in ambulances to safely transfer patients to medical facilities.
- Long-Term Care Facilities: These stretchers are used in long-term care facilities for patient transfers and transportation.
- Emergency Medical Services: Hill-Rom stretchers are used by emergency medical services (EMS) for transporting patients during medical emergencies.
Hill-Rom Patient Transport Stretchers are designed to enhance patient care and facilitate smooth and safe patient transfers within healthcare facilities. Their sturdy construction, ergonomic features, and various adjustments make them essential tools for healthcare providers in delivering quality care to patients during transportation.