Here’s a general description of a Hydraulic Patient Transport Trolley:
- Construction: The trolley is typically constructed with a sturdy frame made of high-quality materials like stainless steel or aluminum. This ensures durability, stability, and ease of cleaning.
- Hydraulic System: One of the key features of the trolley is the hydraulic system, which allows healthcare professionals to adjust the height of the bed. This hydraulic mechanism is foot-operated or controlled by levers, making it easy for caregivers to raise or lower the bed as needed. Height adjustment is essential for comfortable patient transfer and to facilitate procedures that require specific positioning.
- Mattress: The trolley comes equipped with a comfortable and supportive mattress to provide a safe surface for patients during transportation. The mattress is usually covered with a medical-grade, waterproof material that is easy to clean and maintain.
- Side Rails: Some models may have collapsible side rails that can be raised or lowered to prevent the patient from accidentally rolling off the trolley during transport.
- Wheels and Brakes: The trolley is equipped with wheels, allowing smooth movement within the facility. These wheels are often lockable to secure the trolley in place when needed, preventing unintended movement during patient transfers.
- Load Capacity: The trolley is designed to carry patients of varying weights, with load capacities typically ranging from 150 kg to 250 kg (330 lbs to 550 lbs) or more, depending on the model.
- Maneuverability: The trolley is designed for easy maneuvering through narrow hallways and tight spaces, making it practical for use in healthcare settings with limited space.
- Safety Features: To ensure patient safety during transportation, the trolley may have additional safety features, such as corner bumpers to protect walls and furniture from damage during movements.
- Hygiene and Cleaning: The trolley’s design takes into consideration the importance of infection control and easy cleaning. Smooth surfaces and removable parts allow for effective disinfection between patients.