- Sturdy Construction: The stretcher trolley is typically constructed with a strong and durable frame, often made of lightweight yet robust materials like aluminum or stainless steel.
- Folding Mechanism: Many manual ambulance stretcher trolleys are designed with a folding mechanism, allowing the trolley to be easily collapsed and stored when not in use or during transportation.
- Adjustable Backrest: The stretcher trolley often comes with an adjustable backrest, which allows patients to be placed in a semi-reclined position for comfort or medical reasons.
- Side Rails: The trolley may have foldable side rails that provide added security during patient transport, preventing accidental falls or movement during transit.
- Head and Footend Sections: The head and footend sections of the stretcher trolley are often detachable, allowing for easier patient transfer and access to medical procedures when needed.
- Patient Restraints: Some stretcher trolleys are equipped with patient restraint straps or belts to secure the patient safely during transit.
- Integrated IV Pole: Some models may feature an integrated IV pole, providing a convenient solution for carrying intravenous fluids and medications during transportation.
- Brakes: The stretcher trolley is typically equipped with reliable locking brakes on the wheels to prevent movement during patient transfers or while the trolley is stationary.
- Maneuverability: The trolley is designed with swivel casters, allowing healthcare providers to navigate through narrow spaces and around corners with ease.
- Mattress Pad: The stretcher trolley usually includes a comfortable and easy-to-clean mattress pad, ensuring patient comfort during transportation.
The Manual Ambulance Stretcher Trolley serves various purposes in the healthcare setting, including:
- Ambulance Transfers: The stretcher trolley is commonly used to load patients into ambulances and safely transport them to medical facilities.
- Emergency Response: In emergency situations, the trolley is utilized to evacuate and transport patients from accident scenes to ambulances or hospitals.
- Intra-hospital Transfers: The stretcher trolley is also employed for transferring patients between different departments within a hospital or healthcare facility.
- Post-operative Recovery: After surgery or medical procedures, the trolley is used to transport patients from the operating room to the recovery area.
The Manual Ambulance Stretcher Trolley plays a critical role in the efficient and safe transfer of patients, ensuring their well-being and comfort throughout the transportation process. Its user-friendly design and practical features make it an essential piece of equipment for emergency medical services and healthcare facilities.