- Adjustable Height: The plastic overbed table comes with an adjustable height mechanism, allowing patients or caregivers to easily raise or lower the table to a suitable level for eating, reading, or other activities.
- Tilting Tabletop: Some models of the plastic overbed table have a tilting tabletop, which can be adjusted to various angles for better positioning during activities like reading or writing.
- Raised Edges: The tabletop is designed with raised edges to prevent items from slipping or falling off, providing added safety during use.
- Rolling Casters: The overbed table is equipped with smooth-rolling casters, enabling easy movement and positioning over the bed. The casters may have lockable features to secure the table in place when needed.
- Easy-to-Clean Surface: The plastic tabletop is easy to clean and disinfect, ensuring optimal hygiene and infection control in medical environments.
- Lightweight and Portable: Due to its plastic construction, the overbed table is lightweight and easy to move, making it convenient for patients and caregivers to reposition as needed.
Wooden Medical Overbed Table:
The Wooden Medical Overbed Table offers similar functionality to the plastic version but is constructed with high-quality wood or wood-like materials, giving it a more traditional and aesthetically pleasing appearance. It is suitable for use in hospitals, nursing homes, or home care settings, where a more classic and homely design is desired.
- Adjustable Height: Like the plastic overbed table, the wooden version features an adjustable height mechanism to accommodate different bed heights and patient preferences.
- Tilting Tabletop: Some wooden overbed tables also come with a tilting tabletop for improved ergonomics during various activities.
- Sturdy Construction: The wooden overbed table is built with durable materials to ensure stability and long-lasting performance.
- Raised Edges: The tabletop typically has raised edges to prevent items from sliding off, providing a secure and stable surface for patients.
- Mobility: Wooden overbed tables may have rolling casters with lockable features for easy movement and stability when in use.
- Easy to Maintain: While not as easy to clean as plastic, wooden overbed tables are designed for simple maintenance and can be wiped clean with standard cleaning products.
Both plastic and wooden medical overbed tables serve as invaluable assets for patients, providing them with a convenient surface for various activities while recovering or receiving medical care in bed. The choice between plastic and wooden materials depends on the specific needs, preferences, and aesthetics of the healthcare facility or individual patients.