A three-crank/function patient trolley is a medical transport device designed to safely and comfortably move patients within healthcare facilities. It offers three main adjustable functions, all of which are operated using hand cranks.
Description of a Three-Crank/Function Patient Trolley:
- Three Crank System: The patient trolley is equipped with three hand cranks, each serving a specific function. These cranks allow caregivers to adjust the trolley’s position and provide optimal comfort for the patient.
- Adjustable Backrest: The backrest of the patient trolley can be raised or lowered using one of the hand cranks. This allows patients to be positioned in a semi-reclined or flat position, depending on their needs and medical condition.
- Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg: The second hand crank enables caregivers to adjust the patient trolley into Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg positions. Trendelenburg position tilts the entire trolley with the head lower than the feet, while Reverse Trendelenburg position tilts the trolley with the head higher than the feet. These positions are often used for specific medical procedures or to aid patient circulation and respiration.
- Adjustable Height: The third hand crank is used to adjust the height of the patient trolley. This function makes it easier for caregivers to transfer patients to other surfaces, such as beds or examination tables, and ensures proper alignment during care.
- Safety Features: Patient trolleys are equipped with safety features such as side rails, restraint straps, and locking mechanisms to secure the patient during transportation and prevent accidental falls.
Uses of a Three-Crank/Function Patient Trolley:
- Intra-Hospital Transport: Patient trolleys are used to move patients within healthcare facilities, such as from the emergency room to other departments, or for transfers between wards.
- Patient Examination: The trolley’s adjustable positions are beneficial during patient examinations, procedures, and treatments, as they provide easy access and comfort for both patients and medical staff.
- Recovery and Post-Operative Care: Patient trolleys are utilized for post-operative recovery, providing patients with a comfortable and adjustable surface to rest and recuperate.
- Imaging and Diagnostics: The trolley’s versatility makes it suitable for use during medical imaging and diagnostic procedures, where precise positioning is essential for accurate results.
- Long-Term Care: Patient trolleys are employed in long-term care facilities, providing patients with a safe and adjustable bed surface to support their daily care needs.
- Emergency Situations: During emergencies, patient trolleys are crucial for efficiently moving patients to appropriate care areas and ensuring their comfort and stability during transportation.